Vastu for the Main Entrance: Doorway
Entrance is the main face of your house. & as we keep our face clean & attractive, we also have to keep the entrance of the house – Clean, Beautiful, Attractive, that everyone who passes by, grabs its attention & thinks, that if the entrance is so good, how the entire house will be?
According to Vastu Shastra, the main entrance to a home is not only the entry point for the family, but also for energy. The main door should be constructed in a way to ensure that when you step out, you face the north, east or north-east direction.
- Considered as the “archway to victory and progress in life”, the main door should face north, east or in the north-east direction. It must be constructed in a way to ensure that when you step out, you face the north, east or north-east direction.
- The main door to your home should be constructed with superior quality wood. It should tower above the other doors in your house, and look the most appealing. It should be the Most Attractive as compared to the other doors of the house.
- Placing the water bodies like fountains outside the main door is the complete no. Avoid placing a fountain, or any other decorative water-centric element, outside the main door.
- Normally, the shoes are opened outside the house & that used to be our tradition. But it has a certain principle to it. You cannot just open it in a haphazard way, that when anyone is coming to the house, they see the pair of shoes. the separate place on the sides, somewhere, can be designed to keep the shoes. It would be better if it is the closed one. Avoid placing a shoe rack outside or In front of the main door.
- I have often see, during my visits for the vastu consultation, that for the outsiders, or the servants, drivers etc, people make a bathroom or toilet near the main door, so that outsiders use it & they do not enter the house. This is not recommended as per vastu. There shouldn’t be any bathroom near the main door.
- Ensure the main entrance is well lit. it should not be kept or left dark. Moment the sun sets, we should switch on the lights & keep it on, till the morning.
- It’s a common practice, I have seen that, people often paint their main door in black colour. The reasons being that that the white or the light colours gets dirty soon. But vastu advises to Avoid painting the Main Door Black.
- If you want that the luck should find you, then Decorate your Doors with Beautiful Nameplates and Auspicious Torans. It will not only make the entrance beautiful, attractive but will also bring good omen to your house.
- In many places, I have seen that people place statues of the Animals like lion, tigers etc. but as per vastu, we should Avoid placing animal statues or figurines near the main door.
- The most important thing to keep in mind about the entrance door is, that you Ensure, that your main door opens in a clockwise manner & not anti-clockwise.